The Tulare County Board of Education Theater Company’s production of “The Music Man” begins Friday, July 22 at the LJ Williams Theater on the campus of Redwood High School in Visalia.
The other production days are July 23 and July 28-30.
Tony Award-winning ‘The Music Man’, which debuted on Broadway in 1957 and was adapted into an Oscar-nominated hit film in 1962, tells the story of a fast-talking traveling salesman , Harold Hill, as he confronts the residents of River City, Iowa, to buy instruments and uniforms for a boy band he has pledged to organize.
His plans to leave town with the money are foiled when he falls in love with Marian, the librarian, who turns him into a respectable citizen.
The production includes famous musical numbers such as “Ya Got Trouble”, “Gary, Indiana”, “Shipoopi”, “Till There Was You” and “76 Trombones”.
The cast of TCOE includes:
- Harold Hill – Rahim Pullom, Grade 12, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
- Marianne Paroo – Tessa Hemphill, Grade 12, Redwood High School
- charlie cowell – Zion Sears, Grade 9, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
- Mayor Shinn – Jacob Lucio, 10th grade, Redwood High School
- Tommy Djilas – Leo Paez, Grade 8, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
- Amaryllis – Ella Marshall, Grade 4, Shannon Ranch Elementary School
- Mrs Paroo – Rivka Sears, Grade 12, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
- Paroo Winthrop – Maddox Verrisimo, Grade 4, Shannon Ranch Elementary School
- Eulalie Mackecknie Shinn – Paige Ragan, 12th grade, Mt. Whitney High School
- Zaneeta Shinn – Elisabeth Smith, Grade 12, Redwood High School
- Gracie Shinn – Calvary Sears, Grade 5, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
- Alma Hix – Rachel Espinoza, Grade 10, Homeschool
- Maud Dunlop – Sarah Johnson, Grade 12, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
- Ethel Toffelmeir – Lyra Paez, Grade 12, Golden West High School
- Mrs. Squires – Angelina Nichols, 9th grade, Redwood High School
- Agent Locke – Dean Johnson, Grade 9, Eleanor Roosevelt Community Learning Center
Ticket prices are $15 for general admission and $25 for preferred seating.
Preferred seats are a demarcated section of the house. All other seats are first come, first served.
Tickets are sold Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can pay for your tickets by cash, check or credit card. Online sales are not available.
Tickets can be purchased at the Tulare County Office of Education Administration Building at 6200 S. Mooney Blvd., Visalia, or at the ERS Library at Doe Avenue Complex at 7000 Doe Ave., Suite A, Visalia.
You can also purchase tickets over the phone at 559-651-3041 or one hour before showtime at the LJ Williams Theater box office.
Curtain times are at 7:30 p.m., with the box office opening at 6:30 p.m. and the house at 7 p.m. Mornings are July 23 and 30. Curtain times are at 2 p.m., with the box office opening at 1 p.m. and the house opening at 1:30 p.m.
Information: (559) 651-1482 or visit tcoe.org/TheatreCo/CurrentProductions.