Here is how to record Apple Music songs on your iPhone.
Wondering how to download Apple Music for offline listening? We have what you need! Continue reading …
Apple Music is one of the best music streaming services. While Spotify is the market leader, Apple Music is growing in popularity every year and has the added benefit of not having advertising even when you have a free trial of Apple Music.
Music streaming has completely revolutionized the music industry. Hardly anyone buys CDs anymore and even digital downloads are dropping as more and more people embrace streaming. However, a big downside to music streaming is that if you don’t have an internet connection, you are potentially cut off from all of your tracks.
This is why Apple Music allows you to download songs and albums directly to your device. As they are downloaded to your device, they do not require an internet connection to play. This ensures that if you are on an airplane or in an area with no signal, you can still listen to the downloaded songs without any problem.
As for how to download Apple Music for offline listening, we have explained all the steps below.
Download a single song from Apple Music for offline listening
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Browse the Apple Music app for the song you are looking for. You can do this by browsing the “Listen Now” page or by going to the search page and entering the exact name of the song you want to download.
- When you’ve found the album the song is in, tap its album cover. Alternatively, if you searched for the song directly, tap the song in the search results.
- In the album the song is in, find the song you want to download, and then tap the three dots (…) next to the song name.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, tap Download.
The song will now begin to download. Once done, you can find the downloaded song in the Apple Music app by going to Library> Downloaded. From the Downloaded page, you can find the song in the list of thumbnails under the “Recently downloaded” heading or you can search for the song by name.
Download an entire album from Apple Music for offline listening
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Browse the Apple Music app for the album you’re looking for. You can do this by browsing the “Listen Now” page or by going to the search page and entering the exact name of the album you want to download.
- When you’ve found the album, tap its album cover. Alternatively, if you searched for the album directly, tap the album in the search results.
- On the album info screen (which lists all of its songs), tap the + button. This will add the album to your library but will NOT download it for offline listening. In order to actually download the album for an offline playlist, you still need to take the next step …
- The + button will change to a download button (down arrow) after pressing it. Now press the download button to download the album to your iPhone.
The album download will now begin. Once done, you can find the downloaded album in the Apple Music app by going to Library> Downloaded. From the Downloaded page, you can find the album in the list of thumbnails under the “Recently downloaded” heading or you can search for the album by name.
Be sure to take a look at Netflix could add a force comeback to shows. And don’t forget to check What is Apple One? To verify How to download Disney Plus videos, too much! Also, take a look at How to download Amazon Prime videos and How to Download Amazon Music for Offline Listening!
Apple expert and novelist, Michael grothaus has been covering technology on KnowYourMobile for almost 10 years. Before that he worked at Apple. And before that, he was a film journalist. Michael is a published author; his book Epiphany Jones was voted one of the best novels about Hollywood by Weekly entertainment. Michael is also a writer for other publications including VICE and Fast business.