The United States Navy Concert Band will travel to Pickerington, one of 13 cities across six states to host a performance by the United States Navy Band on its 2022 tour.
The concert will take place at 3 p.m. on May 1 at Pickerington North High School. All Navy Band performances are free and open to the public.
Columbus Commons Events:Columbus Commons will host summer concerts with The Beach Boys, Sheryl Crow and more
The US Navy Concert Band is the premier wind ensemble in the US Navy. As the original ensemble of the Navy Band, the Concert Band has been performing in public concerts and performing at major events for over 95 years. The group performs a wide range of marches, patriotic pieces, orchestral transcriptions and modern wind ensemble repertoire.
For more information, visit www.navyband.navy.mil/events/tour.
• The US Navy Band is the Navy’s flagship musical organization and one of 11 Navy bands around the world.
• The US Navy Band is based at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC
• The 2022 Sea Chanters Tour will cover 13 cities and over 3,000 miles.
• The Navy Band has been traveling the country since 1925.
• The Navy Band has six ensembles: Concert Band, Ceremonial Band, Sea Chanters Choir, Commodores Jazz Ensemble, Country/Bluegrass Ensemble Country Current and Popular Music Group Cruisers.
• Navy Band ensembles tour nationally for 12-15 weeks each year. Navy Band sailors are full-time professional musicians.
• Almost all Naval Band sailors have undergraduate degrees in music, and most have graduate degrees.
Source: United States Navy Band